Operations Research at TUM
In the summer of 2015, the Technische Universität München (TUM) established a new Chair of Operations Research (OR), founded by Alexander von Humboldt-Professor Andreas S. Schulz, who is holding a joint appointment in the Department of Mathematics and in the School of Management. He is also an Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Advanced Study (TUM-IAS) as well as a Research Affiliate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he previously was the Patrick J. McGovern Professor of Mathematics of Operations Research. The group's research interests include all aspects of OR, especially the development of new theory and algorithms as well as applications of societal relevance.
- Rajan Udwani, former PhD student of Andreas S. Schulz (jointly with Jim Orlin), has been offered a tenure-track faculty position by the Department of Industrial Engineering & Operations Reearch at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Call for applications: Several PhD positions in math, cs, and business management available. Deadline: March 15, 2020. Click here for details.
- The 24th Workshop on Future Research in Combinatorial Optimization (FRICO 2020) is going to take place at TU Munich, September 1-4, 2020.
See also our News Archive.
- We are participating in the TopMath PhD Program of the Elite Network of Bavaria. Interested students are welcome to apply. Further information can be found on the TopMath homepage.
- We are constantly interested in hiring outstanding PhD students and postdocs in math or theoretical cs. If you are interested, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are part of the PhD program "Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy," which is funded by the German National Science Foundation (DFG).
- We also partake in the PreDoc-Program in Mathematics. The program addresses outstanding international students who want to prepare for their PhD in math, while being enrolled as Master's students at TUM.
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Decision Sciences & Systems Group (I18)
- Deutsche Mathematiker Vereinigung (DMV)
- DFG Research Training Group AdONE
- Discrete Mathematics, Optimization, and Convexity
- Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Mathematical Optimization Society
- Operations & Supply Chain Management Group (OSCM)
- Theoretical Computer Science Group (I14)
- TopMath Elite Graduate Program
- TUM Department of Mathematics
- TUM Institute for Advanced Study (IAS)
- TUM School of Management