- Vacant PhD postions in the DFG funded program “Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy”, jointly hosted by the Department of Mathematics, the Department of Informatics, and the School of Management. Application deadline: March 19, 2021.
- The paper "Walrasian Equilibria in Markets with Small Demands" by our postdoc Themistoklis Melissourgos has been accepted to AAMAS 2021.
- The paper "Computing exact solutions of consensus halving and the Borsuk-Ulam theorem" by our postdoc Themistoklis Melissourgos has been published in the Journal of Computer and System Science.
- Students from our course Case Studies in Discrete Optimization developed an inventory routing tool for the World Food Programme that will be piloted on their school meal delivery operations in Burundi.
- Our PhD student, Felix Happach, has successfully defended his thesis on "Min-Sum Set Cover, OR-Scheduling, and Related Problems".
- Our PhD student, Marinus Gottschau, has successfully defended his thesis on "Cuts, Paths, and Processes in Graphs".
The paper "Robust Revenue Maximization Under Minimal Statistical Information" by Yiannis Giannakopoulos, Diogo Poças and Alexandros Tsigonias-Dimitriadis was accepted at WINE 2020.
Our postdoc Diogo Poças, PhD, has accepted an offer for a Visiting Assistant Professorship in Computer Science at the University of Lisbon. He will start there on September 1, 2020.
- The paper "Computation of Dynamic Equilibria in Series-Parallel Networks" by Marcus Kaiser, one of our PhD students, was accepted for publication in Mathematics of Operations Research.
- Three papers [1,2,3] written by members of our group were accepted to the 13th Symposium on Algorithmic Game Theory (SAGT 2020).
- The paper "Existence and Complexity of Approximate Equilibria in Weighted Congestion Games" by three of our group members together with George Christodoulou and Martin Gairing has been accepted by Track A of ICALP 2020.
- The 24th Workshop on Future Research in Combinatorial Optimization (FRICO) is going to take place in Munich/Garching in 2021
- Our postdoc Ulf Friedrich has received a research grant from the Volkswagen Foundation, as part of the "Experiment!" initiative, for his project "An Analytic Computational Solver for Integer Programming."
- Dr. Jannik Matuschke, “Akademischer Rat” (Lecturer) at our chair, has accepted an offer for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professorship at the Faculty of Economics and Business of KU Leuven in Belgium. He will start there on January 1, 2019.
- Felix Happach, one of our PhD students, won Second Prize in the 2018 INFORMS Optimization Society Student Paper Competition for his paper "Good clusterings have large volume" (with Steffen Borgwardt, published in Operations Research).
- Our postdoc Katherine E. Fitch, PhD, has been named Fellow of the Elisabeth-Schiemann-Kolleg of the Max Planck Society.
- Yiannis Giannakopoulos, postdoctoral fellow at our chair, co-authored a paper on "The price of stability of weighted congestion games" that was accepted at ICALP 2018.
- Jannik Matuschke, Junior Group Leader at our group, and his co-authors received the 2017 INFORMS/TSL Outstanding Paper in Freight Transportation and Logistics Award for their paper "An Integrated Approach to Tactical Transportation Planning in Logistics Networks" at the INFORMS annual meeting in Houston.
- Our group member Benedikt Plank, a PhD student in the TopMath program, has been awarded with a Bavarian Elite Support Act Scholarship of the Universität Bayern e.V.
- Felix Happach, one of our PhD students, is the recipient of the 2017 Master's Thesis Award of the German Operations Research Society (GOR). The prize ceremony took place at the International Conference on Operations Research (OR 2017) in Berlin.
Watch the English version of the video.