The Operations Research (OR) group at TU Munich is interested in all aspects of mathematical optimization and computational economics, especially the development of new theory and algorithms. It is also dedicated to using these techniques in applications of societal relevance, such as health care and humanitarian logistics. The multinational group is led by Alexander von Humboldt-Professor Andreas S. Schulz. It includes researchers spanning a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, from theoretical mathematics to computer science and applications in engineering. The OR group maintains close ties with several other researchers at TU Munich, in particular within the Math and CS Departments and the School of Management. In addition, several researchers of the group participate in the DFG Graduiertenkolleg “Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy (AdONE).” We invite interested parties to contact us with ideas, challenging problems, or suggestions for joint research.
Due to the current pandemic, all office hours are cancelled. Our facilities are closed for all visitors and students. Please contact us by email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your understanding.
- Postdoc positions available! If you are expecting to receive your PhD soon or if you are a postdoc looking for change, please contact us at email@example.com for opportunities. Deadline: April 26, 2021.
- Vacant PhD postions in the DFG funded program “Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy”, jointly hosted by the Department of Mathematics, the Department of Informatics, and the School of Management. Application deadline: March 19, 2021.
- Yiannis Giannakopoulos, Akademischer Rat in our group, has accepted an offer for a Junior Professorship from the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU). He will join their Department of Mathematics on April 1, 2021.
See also our News Archive.
- We are participating in the TopMath PhD Program of the Elite Network of Bavaria. Interested students are welcome to apply. Further information can be found on the TopMath homepage.
- We are constantly interested in hiring outstanding PhD students and postdocs in math or theoretical cs. If you are interested, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are part of the PhD program "Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy," which is funded by the German National Science Foundation (DFG).
- We also partake in the PreDoc-Program in Mathematics. The program addresses outstanding international students who want to prepare for their PhD in math, while being enrolled as Master's students at TUM.
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Decision Sciences & Systems Group (I18)
- Deutsche Mathematiker Vereinigung (DMV)
- DFG Research Training Group AdONE
- Discrete Mathematics, Optimization, and Convexity
- Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Mathematical Optimization Society
- Operations & Supply Chain Management Group (OSCM)
- Theoretical Computer Science Group (I14)
- TopMath Elite Graduate Program
- TUM Department of Mathematics
- TUM Institute for Advanced Study (IAS)
- TUM School of Management