The Operations Research (OR) group at TU Munich is primarily interested in mathematical optimization and algorithmic game theory. It is also dedicated to using these techniques in applications of societal relevance, such as health care and humanitarian logistics. The multinational group is led by Alexander von Humboldt-Professor Andreas S. Schulz. It includes researchers spanning various backgrounds and disciplines, from theoretical mathematics to computer science and applications in engineering. The OR group maintains close ties with several other researchers at TU Munich, particularly within the Math and CS Departments and the School of Management. In addition, several researchers of the group participate in the DFG Graduiertenkolleg “Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy (AdONE).” We invite interested parties to contact us with ideas, challenging problems, or suggestions for joint research.
Due to the current pandemic, all office hours are canceled. Our facilities are closed for all visitors and students. Please contact us by email via email@example.com. Thanks for your understanding.
Yiannis Giannakopoulos, formerly Akademischer Rat in our group, has accepted an offer for an Assistant Professorship from the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU). He joined their Department of Mathematics on April 1, 2021.
Ulf Friedrich, a former postdoc in our group, has accepted an offer for a permanent position from the Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg (OVGU). He joined their Department of Mathematics on April 1, 2021.
See also our News Archive.
- We are participating in the TopMath PhD Program of the Elite Network of Bavaria. Interested students are welcome to apply. Further information can be found on the TopMath homepage.
- We are constantly interested in hiring outstanding PhD students and postdocs in math or theoretical cs. If you are interested, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are part of the PhD program "Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy," which is funded by the German National Science Foundation (DFG).
- We also partake in the PreDoc-Program in Mathematics. The program addresses outstanding international students who want to prepare for their PhD in math, while being enrolled as Master's students at TUM.
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Decision Sciences & Systems Group (I18)
- Deutsche Mathematiker Vereinigung (DMV)
- DFG Research Training Group AdONE
- Discrete Mathematics, Optimization, and Convexity
- Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Mathematical Optimization Society
- Operations & Supply Chain Management Group (OSCM)
- Theoretical Computer Science Group (I14)
- TopMath Elite Graduate Program
- TUM Department of Mathematics
- TUM Institute for Advanced Study (IAS)
- TUM School of Management