Operations Research at TUM
The Technical University of Munich recently established a new Chair of Operations Research (OR), led by Alexander von Humboldt-Professor Andreas S. Schulz, who is holding a joint appointment in the Department of Mathematics and in the School of Management. He is also an Honorary Fellow and member of the Institute of Advanced Study. The group's research interests include all aspects of OR, especially the development of new theory and algorithms as well as applications of societal relevance.
- Jannik Matuschke, Junior Group Leader at our group, and his co-authors received the 2017 INFORMS/TSL Outstanding Paper in Freight Transportation and Logistics Award for their paper "An Integrated Approach to Tactical Transportation Planning in Logistics Networks" at the INFORMS annual meeting in Houston.
- Our group member Benedikt Plank, a PhD student in the TopMath program, has been awarded with a Bavarian Elite Support Act Scholarship of the Universität Bayern e.V.
- Felix Happach, one of our PhD students, is the recipient of the 2017 Master's Thesis Award of the German Operations Research Society (GOR). The prize ceremony took place at the International Conference on Operations Research (OR 2017) in Berlin.
- We are part of the new Research Training Group (Graduiertenkolleg) of the German National Science Foundation (DFG), "Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy" which offers several positions for PhD students.
Click here for the English version of the video.
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Applied Geometry and Discrete Mathematics Group (M9)
- Decision Sciences & Systems Group (I18)
- Deutsche Mathematiker Vereinigung (DMV)
- DFG Research Training Group AdONE
- Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Mathematical Optimization Society
- Operations & Supply Chain Management Group (OSCM)
- Theoretical Computer Science Group (I14)
- TopMath Elite Graduate Program
- TUM Department of Mathematics
- TUM Institute for Advanced Study (IAS)
- TUM School of Management