Diogo Poças, Ph.D.
Office: Room 6006, Karlstr. 45 (6th floor), 80333 München
Phone: +49 89 289-XXXXX
Office Hours: by appointment
- Theoretical computer science
- Computational complexity
- Analog Computing
|Since 01/2018||Postdoc at chair of Operations Research (TU München)|
|12/2017||Ph.D. in Mathematics (McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada)|
|08/2013||M.Sc. in Mathematics and Applications (Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa, Portugal)|
|08/2011||B.Sc. in Applied Mathematics and Computation (Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa, Portugal)|
List of Publications
- (2017) Analog computability with differential equations. PhD. Dissertation. J. Zucker, advisor, McMaster University.
- (2017) (in print) Transient growth in stochastic Burgers flows. With B. Protas. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series B. [PDF]
- (2017) Analog Networks on Function Data Streams. With J. Zucker. Computability: The Journal of the Association CiE, IOS Press. [PDF]
- (2017) Solving Smullyan Puzzles with Formal Systems. With J.F. Costa. Axiomathes, Springer. [PDF]
- (2017) An analogue-digital model of computation: Turing machines with physical oracles. With T. Ambaram, E. Beggs, J.F. Costa and J.V. Tucker. A. Adamatzky, editor, Advances in Unconventional Computing. Emergence, Complexity and Computation, 22, Chapter IV: 73-115, Springer International Publishing. [PDF]
- (2016) Fixed point techniques in analog systems. With J. Zucker. J. Bélair, I.A. Frigaard, H. Kunze, R. Makarov, R. Melnik and R.J. Spiteri, editors, Mathematical and Computational Approaches in Advancing Modern Science and Engineering: 701-711, Springer International Publishing. [PDF]
- (2016) Computations with oracles that measure vanishing quantities. With E. Beggs, J.F. Costa and J.V. Tucker. H. Ishihara, M. Korovina, A. Pauly, M. Seisenberger and D. Spreen, editors, Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, FirstView, Cambridge University Press. [PDF]
- (2014) Simple reaction systems and their classifications. With L. Manzoni and A.E. Porreca. International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science, 25(4): 441-457, World Scientific. [PDF]
- (2014) An analogue-digital Church-Turing thesis. With E. Beggs, J.F. Costa and J.V. Tucker. International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science, 25(4): 373-389, World Scientific. [PDF]
- (2013) Oracles that measure thresholds: The Turing machine and the broken balance. With E. Beggs, J.F. Costa and J.V. Tucker. Oxford Journal of Logic and Computation, 23(6): 1155-1181, Oxford University Press. [PDF]
- (2013) On the power of threshold measurements as oracles. With E. Beggs, J.F. Costa and J.V. Tucker. G. Mauri, A. Dennunzio, L. Manzoni and A.E. Porreca, editors, Unconventional Computation and Natural Computation, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 7956: 6-18, Springer Berlin Heidelberg. [PDF]
- (2013) Complexity with costing and stochastic oracles. M.Sc. Dissertation. J.F. Costa, advisor, Instituto Superior Técnico.
- (2012) Testes de primalidade. J.P. Boavida, R.P. Carpentier, L. Cruz-Filipe, P.S. Gonçalves, E. Grifo, D. Henriques and A.R. Pires, editors, Números, cirurgias e nós de gravata: 10 anos de Seminário Diagonal no IST, IST Press.