- Dr. Jannik Matuschke, “Akademischer Rat” (Lecturer) at our chair, has accepted an offer for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professorship at the Faculty of Economics and Business of KU Leuven in Belgium. He will start there on January 1, 2019.
- Felix Happach, one of our PhD students, won Second Prize in the 2018 INFORMS Optimization Society Student Paper Competition for his paper "Good clusterings have large volume" (with Steffen Borgwardt, published in Operations Research).
- Our postdoc Katherine E. Fitch, PhD, has been named Fellow of the Elisabeth-Schiemann-Kolleg of the Max Planck Society.
- Yiannis Giannakopoulos, postdoctoral fellow at our chair, co-authored a paper on "The price of stability of weighted congestion games" that was accepted at ICALP 2018.
- Jannik Matuschke, Junior Group Leader at our group, and his co-authors received the 2017 INFORMS/TSL Outstanding Paper in Freight Transportation and Logistics Award for their paper "An Integrated Approach to Tactical Transportation Planning in Logistics Networks" at the INFORMS annual meeting in Houston.
- Our group member Benedikt Plank, a PhD student in the TopMath program, has been awarded with a Bavarian Elite Support Act Scholarship of the Universität Bayern e.V.
- Felix Happach, one of our PhD students, is the recipient of the 2017 Master's Thesis Award of the German Operations Research Society (GOR). The prize ceremony took place at the International Conference on Operations Research (OR 2017) in Berlin.
Watch the English version of the video.