Diogo Poças, Ph.D.
Office: Room 6012, Karlstr. 45 (6th floor), 80333 München
Phone: +49 89 289-26893
Office Hours: by appointment
Further info: Personal Webpage
- Theoretical computer science
- Computational complexity
- Analog computing
- Algorithmic game theory
|Since 01/2018||Postdoc at chair of Operations Research (TU München)|
|12/2017||Ph.D. in Mathematics (McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada)|
|08/2013||M.Sc. in Mathematics and Applications (Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa, Portugal)|
|08/2011||B.Sc. in Applied Mathematics and Computation (Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa, Portugal)|
List of Publications
- (2019) Robust Revenue Maximization Under Minimal Statistical Information. With Y. Giannakopoulos and A. Tsigonias-Dimitriadis. [arXiv]
- (2019) Register Requirement Minimization of Fixed-Depth Pipelines for Streaming Data Applications. With T. Goldbrunner, N. Anh Vu Doan, T. Wild and A. Herkersdorf. Accepted in 32nd IEEE International System-on-Chip Conference.
- (2019) Optimal Pricing For MHR and λ-Regular Distributions. With Yiannis Giannakopoulos and K. Zhu. [arXiv]
- (2019) Approximability in the GPAC. With J. Zucker. Accepted in Logical Methods in Computer Science. [arXiv]
- (2018) Analog Networks on Function Data Streams. With J. Zucker. Computability: The Journal of the Association CiE, 7(4): 301-322, IOS Press. [PDF]
- (2018) Transient growth in stochastic Burgers flows. With B. Protas. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series B, 23(6): 2371-2391, AIMS. [PDF]
- (2017) Analog computability with differential equations. PhD. Dissertation. J. Zucker, advisor, McMaster University.
- (2017) Solving Smullyan Puzzles with Formal Systems. With J.F. Costa. Axiomathes, 28(2): 181-199, Springer. [PDF]
- (2017) An analogue-digital model of computation: Turing machines with physical oracles. With T. Ambaram, E. Beggs, J.F. Costa and J.V. Tucker. A. Adamatzky, editor, Advances in Unconventional Computing. Emergence, Complexity and Computation, 22, Chapter IV: 73-115, Springer International Publishing. [PDF]
- (2016) Fixed point techniques in analog systems. With J. Zucker. J. Bélair, I.A. Frigaard, H. Kunze, R. Makarov, R. Melnik and R.J. Spiteri, editors, Mathematical and Computational Approaches in Advancing Modern Science and Engineering: 701-711, Springer International Publishing. [PDF]
- (2016) Computations with oracles that measure vanishing quantities. With E. Beggs, J.F. Costa and J.V. Tucker. H. Ishihara, M. Korovina, A. Pauly, M. Seisenberger and D. Spreen, editors, Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, FirstView, Cambridge University Press. [PDF]
- (2014) Simple reaction systems and their classifications. With L. Manzoni and A.E. Porreca. International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science, 25(4): 441-457, World Scientific. [PDF]
- (2014) An analogue-digital Church-Turing thesis. With E. Beggs, J.F. Costa and J.V. Tucker. International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science, 25(4): 373-389, World Scientific. [PDF]
- (2013) Oracles that measure thresholds: The Turing machine and the broken balance. With E. Beggs, J.F. Costa and J.V. Tucker. Oxford Journal of Logic and Computation, 23(6): 1155-1181, Oxford University Press. [PDF]
- (2013) On the power of threshold measurements as oracles. With E. Beggs, J.F. Costa and J.V. Tucker. G. Mauri, A. Dennunzio, L. Manzoni and A.E. Porreca, editors, Unconventional Computation and Natural Computation, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 7956: 6-18, Springer Berlin Heidelberg. [PDF]
- (2013) Complexity with costing and stochastic oracles. M.Sc. Dissertation. J.F. Costa, advisor, Instituto Superior Técnico.
- (2012) Testes de primalidade. J.P. Boavida, R.P. Carpentier, L. Cruz-Filipe, P.S. Gonçalves, E. Grifo, D. Henriques and A.R. Pires, editors, Números, cirurgias e nós de gravata: 10 anos de Seminário Diagonal no IST, IST Press. [PDF]